Table Mountain is beautiful but as mountains can be also dangerous. Why not to consider guided treks with experienced mountaineer who can both discover its potential limiting the risk associated with the adventure.
Whatever will be your choice, would you please consider the following:
- Never hike alone, always try and stick to three or more.
- Do not collect mementoes, this is a convictional offence.
- Always ensure you have proper clothing for bad weather.
- Never go hiking with less than 2ltrs of water per person.
- Always wear comfortable boots.
- Never go hiking without emergency numbers as well as a charged mobile phone.
- Head gear comes strongly recommended as temperatures can sure well above 30°C.
- Guides are strongly recommended or go with someone that really knows the trail.
- Make sure you tell someone where you are hiking to and never split up the group
- If lost Stop and retrace steps, wondering off into to the unknown often ends tragicly